Saturday 7 July 2012

My mom's chocolate cream (for cakes)

This needs to be cooked over a steaming pot (Bain Marie)
Mix together 3 whole eggs, one cup of sugar and 3 Tablespoons of Cocoa powder.
I often use pure solid chocolate chopped up, instead of the powder. The same quantity, or God forbid, even up to 4 Tablespoons at times.

Stir gently for about 20 minutes, until the mixture thickens nicely and darkens in colour.

Then cool down to room temperature.

Add in about 200 grams of butter and zap it up with a mixer until nice and silky.

Spread over your chosen sponge.
As you can see, my sponge has collapsed on me. I really shouldn't be posting pictures of such failures in the future. It is not very uplifting for my audience :)

I am always satisfied with this cream though.


2 comments:

  1. This looks sinful and scrumptious!! MmmmmmMM! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not too forgiving in the "hip department", Gloria. But most delicious things aren't :)

    ReplyDelete