Sunday 1 July 2012

Steamed Salmon with Cucumber salad, Sichuan style


 Have you ever asked yourself why grilled Salmon skin in this bubbly and crunchy state is so heavenly? When I steam my salmon, I always treat myself to the skins popped under the grill for few minutes (after rubbing them with olive oil and salt). Mmm!   It's the best bit.    Do make sure you scale the skin first. It will be messy, but worth it :)
 I placed the salmon (with the skin stolen!) onto some foil parcels, and topped it with a mixture of :
garlic, ginger, spring onions, chilli, sesame oil, cooking oil, black bean paste,  ground sechuan peppercorns, salt sugar, vinegar, chinese wine (or sake)  Steamed for 10 minutes. The steaming time will depend on the thickness of your salmon. This was about 3 cm thick.

For the cucumber salad I used Lebanese cucumbers (the short variety) de-seeded and salted then drained... crushed garlic, toasted and ground Sichuan peppercorns, few chillies.  For the dressing: regular cheapest roughest white Vinegar, white sugar, sesame oil and a little black pepper.


If you have any questions RELATED TO THESE DISHES, feel free to email me: daniellapreda@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment